What interesting in this page is that as the founder and convener I gathered people and set up the vision, mission and objectives of Kawanua Melbourne as I see fit to be presented and accepted at the 1st AGM in 24 Nov 2018 ("Kawanua Assembly Session Meeting" or "Rapat Sidang Majelis Kawanua").
This is my presentation at the 1st AGM in 24 Nov 2018 ("Kawanua Assembly Session Meeting" or "Rapat Sidang Majelis Kawanua"). Jeffry Liando pada Rapat Sidang Majelis Kawanua 24 Nov 2020 in order to prepare the Kawanua Melbourne Australia Incorporated organisational framework, context and content.
Please check the gallery of events related to the establishment of Kawanua Melbourne Australian Inc.:
Kawanua people are Minahasan or Manadonese people who are originated from Minahasa region of North Sulawesi province in Eastern Indonesia with Manado is the provincial capital city. The term Kawanua is only for Minahasan people living outside Minahasa. "Ka" means "friend" and "wanua" means "one country" so "Kawanua" means "friend of one country".
Kawanua migrants who are studying, working and living in Melbourne realise the importance of maintaining and nurturing familial nature, mutual respect and understanding with the spirit and noble values of "Si Tou Timou Tumou Tou" (one lives to make others live as to nurture and educate others) and "Mapalus" (mutual aid).
We warmly welcome:
- all Kawanua living in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, and
- anyone who has special interests on our community, Minahasa, North Sulawesi and Indonesia,
"Pakatuan Wo Pakalawiren" (wishing you long life and good health)
Kawanua Melbourne Australia Inc was registered as an Incorporated Association on 7 May 2019 by Jeffry Liando with registration no A0106347G and in Australian Business Register since 26 June 2019 with ABN 45 633 138 093.
About North Sulawesi
- Kawanua Melbourne is Indonesian Minahasan people who live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia for generations, who are descended from, or related to, the people and the land of Minahasa.
- Kawanua Melbourne has Minahasan values of "Si Tou Timou Tumou Tou" and "Mapalus" in fostering relationships between members.
- Kawanua Melbourne maintains Indonesian values of Pancasila and UUD 1945 Constitution in fostering relationships with other people of Indonesia and the Indonesian government.
- Kawanua Melbourne understands the Australian Values Statement and Australian culture in fostering relationships with the local Australian community.
- Kawanua Melbourne fosters and upholds the trust, honesty and good ethics.
- Kawanua Melbourne is social and familial.
- Kawanua Melbourne is non-profit, non-governmental and non-political.
- Kawanua Melbourne is a form of community association covering the entire territory of Victoria, Australia and its existence is recognized by the government of the Republic of Indonesia and the government of Australia.
- Fostering unity and integrity of its members and foster mutual respect and understanding in a familial manner.
- Playing an active role in developing Kawanua Melbourne people who are critical, creative and responsible.
- Playing an active role in promoting Minahasan arts and culture in Australia.
- Fostering close relationships and harmony with fellow Indonesians and Australian local communities.
- Demonstrating an open attitude to assimilate with the Australian people, culture and social values.
Australian Values Statement:
- Respect for the equal worth, dignity and freedom of the individual
- Freedom of speech
- Freedom of association
- Freedom of religion and secular government
- Support for parliamentary democracy and the rule of law
- Equality under the law
- Equality of men and women
- Equality of opportunity, regardless of race, religion or ethnic background
- A spirit of egalitarianism that embraces mutual respect, tolerance, fair play, compassion for those in need and pursuit of the public good
About North Sulawesi